cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Setting Virtual Directories/Web Applications to ApplicationPoolIdentity How-To?

Hi all,

We have a web application which is working fine, but field techs are requesting a change. Our current Application Pool settings are attached. We want that to be assigned a specific user/pswd entered during the install. So, I don't envision anything changing there.

We currently set the the same user on the Web Application and a Virtual Directory, but we would like to change those to ApplicationPoolIdentity. I don't see that option in the Application or Virtual Directory settings. I've attached the current security settings for that and I don't see a specific option to set the desired identity.

Is it possibly a combination of some settings or will leaving the username/pswd blank default to ApplicationPoolIdentity at install time?

Thanks in Advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(21) Replies
Superfreak3
Level 11

rguggisberg wrote:
Just to clarify... Text replacement allows you to replace one or all occurrences of a string.
You can also specify multiple strings to substitute.

Yeah, I know, but I think going that route might get hairy, even if its in the right sequence to suite my needs. I'll give it a shot to see what happens. I just don't know that the format and verbiage will be the same for all ApplicationHost.config files either.

UPDATE: Since I haven't hear anything from IS support on this, I just went ahead and wrote a Custom Action to cycle through sites and if our Apps/Vir dirs are found, they are switched to Application pool identity.
0 Kudos