cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkkhan
Level 4

Setting .Net2.0 Framework as mandatory prerequisite.

Am using Basic MSI project of the Installshield 2008 professional.

I want to set .Net2.0 Framework as mandatory prerequisite for the product installation.

In the release wizard i have set to include .Net2.0 Framework, and the settings are as shown in the image below.

But when i try to install in test machine which does not have .Net2.0 Framework.. i get a dialog asking to install .net2.0 Framework.

Issue # 1

The dialog shows it as optional, but i need it to be as mandatory .?? how to change that as mandatory

Issue # 2
When i click on the "No Button " option, the installer continues to install the product, how do i restrict this.. i want the end user to install the framework and proceed for the installation of the product.
If the user selects not to install the .netFramework, then the installation process should abort... How to do this..?

Please Help me ...!

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
manumanimala
Level 3

You can give it by the Setup Prerequisite option of Install Shield.

From Tools- Setup Prerequisite, add a new one,

The condition to be checked is, search registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727
value -> Install =1

File to include -> path to dotnetfx20.exe
Application to run -> dotnetfx20.exe

save this.
And from redistributable, add this to your project.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

I tried this way, but when i save it as .prq file it does not list in the "Redistributables" List.

It was saved to "SetupPrerequisites" folder only.
I could see it as a file. but not in the list of "Redistributables"

Is there any specific way to save.. ?
0 Kudos
BernardC
Level 4

You should set your "Display .NET Option Dialog" to "No" (instead of "Yes").

You will not get FW .NET 2.0 in the prerequisite setup list but information will be displayed when fw installation will proceed (at the of button of installation window).

Bernard.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

manumanimala wrote:
You can give it by the Setup Prerequisite option of Install Shield.

From Tools- Setup Prerequisite, add a new one,

The condition to be checked is, search registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727
value -> Install =1

File to include -> path to dotnetfx20.exe
Application to run -> dotnetfx20.exe

save this.
And from redistributable, add this to your project.

I got this working.. but there is another problem in it..
Even after complete successfull installation of .net2.0Framework, it says.. installing... and moreover, everytime it tries to download from the web url given.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

BernardC wrote:
You should set your "Display .NET Option Dialog" to "No" (instead of "Yes").

You will not get FW .NET 2.0 in the prerequisite setup list but information will be displayed when fw installation will proceed (at the of button of installation window).

Bernard.

This seems fine, the installer goes with the installation of .Net2.0Framework, but is there any way.. that i need to intimate the enduser about the .net2.0Framework installation.

Let me try this with different scenarios.
0 Kudos
manumanimala
Level 3

Hi,
Is there any way to display the Prerequisite dialog after 'InstallWelcome dialog' ? can we reoder it?
0 Kudos