cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roublesaha
Level 2

Including addition installer in the Install Shield

HI All

I have a setup.exe which is used to install the project specific drivers in the proper folders.

I want to include this in my existing Install Shield project.Basically the install shield should should run the other setup.exe silently.
I have some command prompt commands to remove the files.It should executed while doing an uninstall of the install shiled project.

Please help me to find my answers.:) 🙂

Thanks
Rouble
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jesseD
Level 3

From my understanding (and i am fairly new to this) there can only be one setup.exe running at any time. So your best bet may be to extract the drivers and install them yourself. I believe that you can chain MSIs but i am not sure about chaining setup.exe.

good luck!

j
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

Actually, it's Windows Installer Execute sequences that may be run only one at a time. If both of your setup.exe files contain MSIs, then you can't run the second one from the Execute sequence of the first one. You can run the second during the UI sequence, but that sequence is skipped during silent installations.

You can run the second as a prerequisite of the first, or if you can extract the MSIs, you can chain them.

However, if either of your setup.exe files contains only an InstallScript install, you should be able to run one from the other.
0 Kudos