cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_rudolph
Level 6

SYSINFO Failure

Just released a new version of our software which I packaged using 2008.

I've always had script in OnBegin to verify OS service packs to avoid problems with SQL Server 2005 installs.

A customer has a server with Windows Server 2003 SP1. I verified this in System Properties and the registry on his machine.

My script has an IF WINXP then...check service pack. His install actually passes the IF WINXP condition when it shouldn't.

He is getting my message box saying that he doesn't have SP2 for XP and has 2003 server.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

I checked HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion > shows 5.2
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't have a Windows Server 2003 system nearby to test on, but could you post the if-statement using SYSINFO that fails? Perhaps someone here in the community can give it a try...
0 Kudos
charlieantao
Level 6

Rudolph, I dont think there is a variable WINXP defined by SYSINFO. Can you try SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinXP and SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinServer2003 instead?
0 Kudos
m_rudolph
Level 6

if (SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinXP) then 
if (SYSINFO.WINNT.nServicePack) < 2 then
MessageBox ("Windows XP - Service Pack 2 not detected. Service Pack 2 is required for the Microsoft SQL Server installation. Update Windows XP to Service Pack 2 and run the installation again.", WARNING);
abort;
endif;
endif;

Sorry, I was using pseudo code. Here's the snippet from my script.
0 Kudos
charlieantao
Level 6

Similar problem has been logged on an IS8 forum at http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=123414. Looks like 2008 also has the same issue. You should consider using SYSINFO.nWinMajor and SYSINFO.nWinMinor
0 Kudos
m_rudolph
Level 6

Thanks Charlie.
0 Kudos