cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

SUITE exit conditions problems

I have a requirement to prevent the suite package from installing if a given MSI package is version 5.0.0 or earlier.

I created my Exit message and set the condition to 'Any'. I set the MSI package GUID and product version to 5.0.0 and compare to 'LessThan'.

When I first set this up I accidentally inserted the uninstall GUID because I want to exclude all packages that could have been created with that GUID and less than a particular version. This is similar behavior to the MSI package. However, the UI does not present the option to set an uninstall guid.

I take it in order to accomplish what I need here I have to get the package GUID from all prior installs and insert them here? Is there no way to exclude based on uninstall GUID? The reason I ask is that obtaining all prior product codes will be difficult at best since every release had its own unique product code.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DLee65
Level 13

I think I am using the wrong type of condition. I was selecting MSI Project instead of MSI Upgrade. They are two separate selections and I just overlooked that difference.
0 Kudos