cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garthur79
Level 2

InstallSheild Limited Edition - Install In Another Location

Hi Everyone
I have got the latest version of the Limited Edition on Visual Studio 2013 and I am having a problem. I have go through the Project Assistant and selected the 'Do you want your users to be able to modify the installation location of your application' option in Installation Interview tab. However when I go to test it, it installs the application in the default installation directory no matter what I change it to in the Installer. Is there a way to fix this ?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

After you set 'Do you want your users to be able to modify the installation location of your application' option in Installation Interview tab to 'Yes', please check if you have saved your project and when you build the solution and install the same, you get a "Destination Folder" Dialog ( screen shot attached), where you can browse for the required location and install your setup project.

I followed the same steps you have mentioned, to reproduce the issue but it works fine and the files get installed in the path location that was modified. ( Tested on Windows 7 64-bit, InstallShield Limited Edition 2013 with Visual Studio 2013).

I kindly request you to restart Visual Studio application, try creating a new project and see if you still have problem with the modified path location.

If this does not work, you may want to try running a "Repair" process of ISLE and also try the same on a different machine to confirm if it is a machine-specific issue or not,

Please let me know the results observed, so that I can assist you further on this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos