cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abby27
Level 4

SQL Server Validation Error during maintenance/uninstallation

Hello,
I have a Basic MSI Project. During installation the user selects a SQL Server instance and the installer creates a database on that SQL Server Server. Everything is fine during install.

But somewhere down the line, either the SQL Server database instance i stopped or unavailable or uninstalled.

Then, when the user tries to Uninstall my product, the error
"Error 27502. Could not connect to Microsoft SQL Server ''. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access is denied. (17)" pops up.

How can i configure Installshield installer to ignore this error and show a meaningful message to the user and complete the Uninstallation/Maintenance without rolling back ?

Or, is there a workaround for this ? I read in the forums about IS_SQLSERVER_DO_NOT_USE_REG. If I set this property value to "1" before ISSQlServerInitialize, i will still need to provide some valid values for the IS_SQLSERVER_* properties, which I do not want to do.

I just want to skip this error and show some message to the user and complete the UnInstall/repair

Appreciate your resposens ..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield includes support for a Windows Installer property called IS_SQLSERVER_CXNS_ABSENT_FROM_INSTALL. Use this property to specify one or more SQL connections that should be skipped during installation or uninstallation. To specify more than one SQL connection, separate each with a semicolon. To skip all of the SQL connections, set the value of this property to ALL. Using this property is helpful if you cannot uninstall a product because of a SQL scripting error.
0 Kudos