cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauls_663
Level 3

Running a build on TFS 2010 getting error "No outputs for project ..."

I have installed InstallShield LE on my PC with VS 2010 and on our build server with TFS 2010.

I have created an InstallShield project in VS 2010 and it buillds the msi and setup.exe without any problems, but when the InstallShield project is checked into TFS and run there I get the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2010Limited\InstallShield.targets (89): No outputs for project "Service1" were provided, but the installation project references "Service1.Primary output".

Does anyone have any ideas?

Further info:
The referenced project 'service1' is a windows service project
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pauls_663
Level 3

I have done some digging around and found something a bit odd.
A snippet from my .isl file:

ISPathVariable
Value
TestValue
Type

CommonFilesFolder1
Service1..\..\..\..\..\Trunk-Workspace\Source\Interfaces\Service1\Service1.csproj2
Service1..\..\..\Trunk\Source\Interfaces\Service\Service1.csproj2
ISPROJECTDIR1
ISProductFolder1
ISProjectDataFolder1
ISProjectFolder1
ProgramFilesFolder1
SystemFolder1
WindowsFolder1

The 2nd tag contains a path which is local only to my machine, namely
'Trunk-Workspace'
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

I am currently working on this issue and would get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly let us know if you are coming across the same error message when performing the build through TFS with any other project.

You may try including a Windows Forms application project or an ASP.NET Web application project with an InstallShield Limited Edition project and built it through the TFS server.

Kindly let us know if you are coming across the same error message.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
pauls_663
Level 3

It seems okay for other project types.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly create a new project which includes the windows service project and check if you are coming across the same issue.
I did a quick test at my end and I was able to build the solution successfully through the TFS server.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos