cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt909
Level 3

ResultCode=-5003 on a silent install

What does this error code mean and how can I fix it? I don't see it listed in the result codes list.

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v7.00
File=Log File
[ResponseResult]
ResultCode=-5003
[ExtendedError]
ErrorInfo=>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1799)
PAPP: Pro Script
PVENDOR:thevendor
PGUID:201A2CD1-4140-420E-A17B-8F0C5CD0EDCC
$11.0.0.28844PAK
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16876
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

can you give more information regarding the problem you are facing..like which type of project you are using ....and on which setup installation you are facing this problem??
Thanks,
Madhu.
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

once follow the following steps to run your setup..

1) Go to the system folder ( \winnt\system32) and find cabinet.dll;
2) If you can find this file, rename it to something like cabinet_backup.dll

3) Run the package again to see if it works. If it works, go to the system folder to see if cabinet.dll is there.

if this solution does not work.. let me know..
0 Kudos
matt909
Level 3

Thanks for your reply Sandeep.

I am calling an setup built with Installshield 11.5 from another setup built with Installshield 9 using this command:

LaunchAppAndWait(PACKAGE_LOCATION ^ "pccw_setup.exe", "-s -f1" + "\"" + PACKAGE_LOCATION + "setup.iss " + "\"" + " -f2" + "\"" + WINDIR + "PCCharge_SI.log" + "\"",WAIT);

I tried your suggestion above, the cabinet.dll was present. I rename, ran the install again. It failed again, and the cabinet.dll was regenerated.
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

can you try this ..

the ikernel engine is locked in memory - reboot, then rename your

\program files\common files\installshield\professional folder

then reboot again and try running setup.

Ex:Rename your professional folder in to

\program files\common files\installshield\professional_RunTime
0 Kudos
matt909
Level 3

Still failed with same error code. The install shield professional folder was regenerated. I created a .bat file to run the install using the same arguments and that worked. The only time it doesn't work is when I run the install from Install Script. I may try launching this bat file from the install rather than trying to run this install.
0 Kudos
matt909
Level 3

Nevermind about my last post. Even doing that causes the silent install to fail. So basically I only get this -5003 error when calling anything from the install script itself.
0 Kudos