cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RM1710
Level 2

Reportviewer 2012 Prerequisites not available

Where can we download the files to have reportviewer 2012 available in prerequisites? (SQl system CLR types and reportviewer 2012).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

Hi ,

To have crystal reports merge module in the redistribution pane you must first install the crystal reports 2012 then automatically the merge module will be available in the list where you must provide the information like key and other in order to include in the setup.
0 Kudos
rav
Level 3

Where do I find the prereq-files

mvh ravnø
0 Kudos
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

ReportViewer 2012 is not included in InstallShield. You can create your own Prerequisite for this software using the Prerequisite Editor: http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/Default.htm#StartTopic=helplibrary/SetupPrereqEditor.htm
0 Kudos
hknickerbocker
Level 2

Report Viewer has been out for over a year, and this PreReq should be available (Bundled with the CLR types for SQL Server as its a PreReq of that type)

Please provide an update to when this will be included in the PreReq list.
0 Kudos
s_neuberger
Level 2

Is there a chance we get an Report Viewer 2012 prg file?
Does somebody eventually already created this prg file?

THX
0 Kudos
marmoset
Level 2

Here's a hack I used to get the ReportViewer and SQL ClrTypes to load as prereqs.
Basically I spoof one of the other Prereqs.
Go to the Redistributables tab and check one of the prereqs that has "needs to be downloaded" in the location column.
Cancel out of the popup that asks if you want to download the file.
Build the installer.
It will fail.
Look at the error message and note the name of, and where the file it is trying to copy is located (or should be located).
Create that path and copy whatever msi file you want there and rename it to the one the install build is looking for.
The installer will now build and use whatever msi file you put there as a prereq.
0 Kudos
darren12345
Level 4

ReportViewer2012 is still not a prerequiste?

Where is the prerequiste editor? I don't have that option under Tool in Visual Studio.
0 Kudos
darren12345
Level 4

The Prerequisite Editor is not in the LE! How am I supposed to add it? So basically you want to force me to go to my boss and tell them I need yet another tool. Flexera sucks and so does Install Shield! Crooks!
0 Kudos
ramsey_lindsey
Level 2

I can't believe that nobody has created the .prq file for the Microsoft Report Viewer 2012. This seems like a pretty fundamental prerequisite. I am surprised that Flexera hasn't taken care of it.
0 Kudos
mikeotown
Level 2

Here you go:

Report Viewer 2012.prq:

Microsoft SQLSysClrTypes.prq:

Donations are accepted via PayPal to michael.wasson@gmail.com
0 Kudos