Repair and modify reset the instance name to default from what entered during installation
when we choose the installed instance and click next the window has repair, modify, when we choose anyone of this options and click next, it resets the instance name to default value, for ex- default is "webapp" and you have given "webappL1", doing above steps resets them to "webapp" .
how to prevent this resetting, PFA screenshot i am talking about.
Hi @sysadmin-blr ,
Do you mean changing instance name which is mentioned in below link:
I couldn't any see attachment,can you provide us more details like which project type it is and all?
hi @Jenifer we have already implemented multi-instance support for our applications.
below are steps to follow the issue,
1. multi-instance installed in the server.
2. we try to install new package.
3. the new package shows the installed instance.
4. we choose one and click next either repair or modify.
5. after the selected option completed the multi-instance choosen instance is reverted to the defaultname, which is explained in above example.
Hi @sysadmin-blr ,
Thanks for the information.I dont think multi-instance support for install-script behaves in that way that you had mentioned here.
Let me explain what i could observe from my experiments:
- Created a new project with multi-instance support enabled
- Added files,built the release,installed
- Could see an entry called say "Multi-Instance-testing" in ARP(Add or Remove Programs)
- Launched one more instance,2 options
- One new instance
- Existing instance with name Multi-instance testing
- On selecting new instance it will create one more entry called Multi-Instance-testing_2 in ARP
- On next launch when you select maintenance option for any of these instances it will do necessary change specific instance,it won't reset name
- You can validate this using registry uninstall key:goto Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WOW6432Node\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall(On 64-bit).Search for the product code that is in .ism file,you will be able to see however number of instances of installed with key value-productguid as the productcode that you are searching.(Here it will be 2 entries)
thanks for the reply @Jenifer
I tried what you said, below are my observations and refer snap for more details.
all looks good ARP listed name and folder name is intact not changed, but the product name listed as existing installed instance window during installing package resets to default name.