cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

Repair Question

What is the difference between launching Repair by re-launching the setup.exe and entering Maintenance mode and launching Repair from Add/Remove Programs?

This is a basic MSI installer that's packaged in a setup.exe.
When repair is launched from the Maintenance dialog it works. When launched from Add/Remove programs it fails and I cannot get a log file.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Scott_Duckworth
Level 5

More information:
This works on Windows Server 2003
On Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Repair functionality when launched through the Add/Reomve Programs fails with a Fatal error during installation.

When clicking "Change" through Add/Remove Programs, I at least get a dialog that the wizard was interupted. If I choose to show the Windows Installer Log I get a Error 2732. Directory Manager not initialized.

Again, thanks for any information.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

In Programs And Features under Control Panel (Windows 7 only), Change is not run with elevated privileges. I have seen similar issues but it my case it's definitely because I don't have permission to do something in the installation directory (because the lack of Administrator privileges). If I run Setup.exe from my CD (or release location on a network) and select Modify I never have a problem.

I am still waiting on/looking for answers to why Change isn't elevated.
0 Kudos