Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teesook
Level 2

Repackager Tool Licensing

Jump to solution

Hi team,

We've just purchase a number of licenses for Installshield Professional 2019 for our organisation and we thought we'd get the Repackager (for capturing .exe files into .ism, .irp) with it. The datasheet on the website isn't very clear with whether you get repackager with the different Installshield editions where as the Adminstudio one is actually quite detailed.

I do have a standalone install of Adminstudio 2018 Repackager from my previous organisation and it seems we can can also install Adminstudio 2019 trial and copy the repackage folder for use on a clean machine to capture.

My question is, is there any licensing complication if we were to Adminstudio 2018 Repackager or the folder copy from the trial version to capture installs.
I know all the features works as I've done some trial runs, but it's a question of are we meant to or allowed to based on our Installshield license edition?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @teesook ,

From InstallShield side there is no license complication/breach on using Standalone / copied Repackager to perform operations between Installshield and Repackager Tool.Since you have purchased two different licenses separately.

If you want more details about repackager functionalities in EVAL mode,you can write it on AdminStudio Forum.

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @teesook ,

Since repackager tool is part of AdminStudio product,it seems to be Adminstudio specific Question.

Answering to your question related to InstallShield licensing part,it doesn't play any role  with repackager specific  as they are separate products.(Though Adminstudio's higher edition gets shipped with InstallShield).

So there  won't be any complication with this.For more information feel free to write to 

support@flexerasoftware.com with product tagline AdminStudio.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jenifer,

So just to confirm your response.

1. It is ok if we use the Standalone / copied Repackager to perform our Recapturing into .ism and .irp as this does not breach licensing terms between Installshield and Repackager Tool
    or
  2. This is best answered in the Adminstudio forum?
0 Kudos

Hi @teesook ,

From InstallShield side there is no license complication/breach on using Standalone / copied Repackager to perform operations between Installshield and Repackager Tool.Since you have purchased two different licenses separately.

If you want more details about repackager functionalities in EVAL mode,you can write it on AdminStudio Forum.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos