cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrenzy
Level 2

Remote Repackager error

Having a problem with the Remote Repackager (running AS 9.5 / IS 2010). The Snapshot capture works fine, but on some Installation Monitoring packages, during the "Analyzing your system" phase before I even start the install, I'm getting a series of three errors:

InstallMonitor 64bit Launcher / LoadInjectionDriver failed. Error: 123
InstallMonitor 64bit Launcher / InjectLibrary32 failed. Error: 2
InstallMonitor 64bit Launcher / InjectLibrary64 failed. Error: 2

I'm running the Remote Repackager on VMware 7.1.3. Both the host and guest virtual machines are running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, as that is the platform we'll be deploying the packages to. This doesn't seem to happen with everything I package, but it does with at least two apps that have nothing to do with each other: HP Driveguard (shock protection for hard drive), and an IBM Content Management app called 'OnDemand' which is really just a terminal emulator. There are no driver issues on bootup or Device Manager.

I can use the Snapshot method but Install Monitoring is much cleaner and doesn't produce the junk reg keys, etc that Snapshot does, at least for these apps. I'd feel more confident with an Install Monitoring package.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(15) Replies
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

Have you installed AS 9.5 SP3? I think it was only in Sp1 or Sp2, when Installation Monitoring was supported on 64-bit machines. I will check that first.

Also after installing AS 9.5 SP3, you should be able to use Automated Application Converter (AAC) to repackage the application. Try that also.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
dbrenzy
Level 2

Thanks for replying, Alpesh.

I believe I'm running SP3 although the Help | About doesn't say so, it just says 9.5. I installed SP3 as per Q210691 and the version info didn't change.

We don't have the Virtualization Pack.. is that needed for the AAC?

Alpesh wrote:
Hi,

Have you installed AS 9.5 SP3? I think it was only in Sp1 or Sp2, when Installation Monitoring was supported on 64-bit machines. I will check that first.

Also after installing AS 9.5 SP3, you should be able to use Automated Application Converter (AAC) to repackage the application. Try that also.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

I am not sure, but I think you should be able to use AAC even when you do not Virtualization pack with SP3.

To verify if AS 9.5 SP3 is installed, check in the Add/Remove Programs Panel. There should be a separate entry for AS 9.5 SP3.
0 Kudos
MarkKent
Level 3

I am having a similar problem using Oracle Virtual Box with a Windows 7 64-bit VM. The VM is my clean machine but I keep getting the same error when trying to run Install Monitoring.
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

This issue is being investigated by the Engineering team internally under the Work-Order# IOA-000058502.
0 Kudos
MarkKent
Level 3

Good to hear, keep us posted! Thank you.
0 Kudos
MarkKent
Level 3

Any new information on this? Just checking, thanks.
0 Kudos
WStalker
Level 2

Alpesh wrote:
This issue is being investigated by the Engineering team internally under the Work-Order# IOA-000058502.

I am unable to package any software. Using a Windows 7 x64 VM running on VMWare 7.1.3. AdminStudio 9.5 w/SP3.

I hope this is resolved soon as it's a show stopper since all our systems are now running Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,

Will Stalker
0 Kudos
svacko
Level 3

we're having the same issue on Windows 7 x64 desktops (no virtual environment). Is there any progress in fixing the issue? Thanks
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

A newer version of AdminStudio has been released today. Please try that. It should not show you this error.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MarkKent
Level 3

Yes, I just tried it with Repackager in AdminStudio 10 and it no longer errors out. Thanks!
0 Kudos
svacko
Level 3

Hi Alpesh,

is the fix available for AS 9.5 also? If yes, how can i download the fix? Update module in AS offers me still only 9.5 SP3 and AS10.
Thanks,
Stanley
0 Kudos
Alpesh
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

The fix is not available for AS 9.5. You will have to use As 10 only.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
svacko
Level 3

thanks Alpesh!
s.
0 Kudos
philippe_baudoi
Level 2

Hello,

I have the same problem with the adminstudio 10 SP2.

I found the solution for the same error, the problem appears when i use a network drive (letter drive) to launch my remote repackager (islc.exe).

When i used the remote repackager trough a UNC path, the error doesn't appear anymore .......

I hope it can be useful for you 😉
0 Kudos