Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman1
Level 9

Release: Setup.exe always created

Hello,
inspite of setting "Setup Launcher" to "No" in Release1,
one file installation "setup.exe" is built.

The target was to build only one msi file, which
include all cab files.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
mberterm
Level 7

Have you activated your product yet?

My guess would be that you are working with the evaluation, which makes this behaviour expected.

There is a link in this forum's 'Read me First' sticky to KB article Q200900 which goes into greater detail.

Q200900: Functionality Notes for the Evaluation Version of InstallShield—If you have not purchased a license for InstallShield, you can install it and use it for a limited number of days without activating it. When you are using InstallShield in this scenario, it operates in evaluation mode, and some of its functionality is not available. This KB explains those evaluation-mode limitations.
0 Kudos
Roman1
Level 9

Hello,
I have not activated IS2011 yet.

All my tests are runing on Test-PC (Vista x64).

So, I can not activate it , before I install IS2011 on developer PC.
I can not install a new product on developer PC without testing it.
The circle is round.
0 Kudos
Server
Level 5

Simpe - just install and activate. Then after testing uninstall. And product will be automatically deactivated. You can install it on other machine then and activate there again. The number of such re-installations as far as I know is not limited.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

You can move a license from one machine to another up to 4 times per year. For more details, see KB Q200878.
0 Kudos
mikega
Level 2

This is a wacky limitation in the Trail version, which prevents us from fully evaluating InstallShield 2011 from end-to-end.
0 Kudos
Server
Level 5

To me - it is possible to include licensing protection in the MSI custom action also. So setup.exe won't be needed then.
0 Kudos
tier_3
Level 4

If I return the license on Machine A and reactivates it on the same Machine A.

Will it count towards max limit of moving the license four times a year?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

That (returning a license on machine A, then reactivating on machine A) counts as a move. Four moves are allowed per year.
0 Kudos