cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon_ellis
Level 3

Registry Value Overwritten During Upgrade

Hi,

When my users upgrade my product, a registry value get overwritten by the default value in the installer.
I have tried setting the 'ISRegistryComponent' properties 'Permenent' to yes and also 'Never Overwrite' to yes but it still gets over written.
Also the 'Install Only +' option is never available on my registry key?
I have browsed the forums and have tried several solutions. One option I have found is to set up properties and conditions but I really don't understand this.
Can anyone help with a easy guide on how to prevent my registry key being over written during an upgrade?

I am using Installshield Spring 2012 - Professional Edition.

Thanks,

Jon.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
manomatt
Level 8

Hi Jon,

Can you tell me what sort of upgrade are you doing ?

Are you setting a key path for the Registry entry component?

If you set Never Overwrite setting for a component then the registry value will not be overwritten during upgrade. After minor upgrade you can check the log and it will have an entry "Disallowing installation of component: since the registry keypath exists and the component is marked to never overwrite existing installations"
0 Kudos
vhopkins
Level 2

Hello,
I tried the below fix and it didn't work. Please suggest how to move forward. I am having same issues as user who posted this thread.

mano.n.s75 wrote:
Hi Jon,

If you set Never Overwrite setting for a component then the registry value will not be overwritten during upgrade. After minor upgrade you can check the log and it will have an entry "Disallowing installation of component: since the registry keypath exists and the component is marked to never overwrite existing installations"
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

hello,

vhopkins wrote:
Hello,
I tried the below fix and it didn't work. Please suggest how to move forward. I am having same issues as user who posted this thread.
0 Kudos