cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoderCoder
Level 8

RadioButtonGroup in LicenseAgreement Dialog

I am trying to disable the radio button group for I Accept... in License Agreement Dialog if the user didnt scroll to the end.. I followed the instructions at "Ability to Require End Users to Scroll Through the EULA in the LicenseAgreement Dialog." This explains how to do this for the Next button. I am trying to apply the same behaviour for the RadioButtonGroup, but I think there is a bug with InstallShield here.. It does not enable the radio button group when the Agreement is scrolled to the end. It does enable it when I click Back or Cancel and come back to the screen after that.

What is the proper process to report a bug to InstallShield?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Windows Installer doesn't offer any way of knowing when the RTF reaches the end. Because of that, InstallShield had to do some behind-the-scenes work to enable the scenario it supports. It is not a general purpose one. You'll note in the case it does support that clicking Yes does not enable Next until the RTF has reached the bottom.

Is the order of clicking Yes and scrolling to the bottom important? If so, you'll currently have to implement your own scroll watcher. We could consider this as an enhancement request, but I'd have to understand why it's important. Each behind-the-scenes reach we code is a point of future fragility, so we have to keep them as few as possible.
0 Kudos
JoderCoder
Level 8

It was a suggestion (from QA) that it would be better not to be able click yes without scrolling to the end.

I am not sure if there is a general legal requirement that users should reach to the end before they accept..?

I would still like to know the proper way to report bugs and enhancement requests for other issues.

Thanks
0 Kudos