cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blucey
Level 3

Progress Bar not Moving

This is an Installscript project.

I've created a new installer which installs about 400 megs of files. When the installer runs, the first block of the progress bar is drawn, but it never updates. Once the files complete copying, the installer just moves to the next screen.

What am I doing wrong here? I am not executing any CopyFile or XCopyFile commands manually.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

SetStatusWindow(0, "");
Enable(STATUSEX);
StatusUpdate(ON, 100);
0 Kudos
blucey
Level 3

I am calling SetStatus just before FeatureMoveData. It just seems like FeatureMoveData doesn't cause the progress bar to be updated at all:

MessageBox("Here", SEVERE);

SetStatusWindow( 2, "");
Enable (STATUSEX);
StatusUpdate( ON, 100 );

// Move Data
nResult = FeatureTransferData( MEDIA );

MessageBox("Here 2", SEVERE);

My understanding is that the first SetStatusWindow should set the status bar to 2%, and by the StatusUpdate says that when FeatureTransferData is complete, the bar should be at 100%. However, when my second message box pops up (or when there are no message boxes at all), the progress bar is still at 2.

-Brett
0 Kudos
blucey
Level 3

One more note - the progress bar works just fine on the previous code snippit I posted during an uninstall. Not sure if that helps make my problem any more obvious.
0 Kudos
blucey
Level 3

I am calling SetStatus just before FeatureMoveData. It just seems like FeatureMoveData doesn't cause the progress bar to be updated at all:

MessageBox("Here", SEVERE);

SetStatusWindow( 2, "");
Enable (STATUSEX);
StatusUpdate( ON, 100 );

// Move Data
nResult = FeatureTransferData( MEDIA );

MessageBox("Here 2", SEVERE);

My understanding is that the first SetStatusWindow should set the status bar to 2%, and by the StatusUpdate says that when FeatureTransferData is complete, the bar should be at 100%. However, when my second message box pops up (or when there are no message boxes at all), the progress bar is still at 2.
0 Kudos