cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cprabhak
Level 4

Product icon not displayed in startup menu for 64-bit product

Hi Team, 

I am working on a project wherein I am migrating 32-bit product to 64-bit product. 

While I have been able to create installer for 64-bit successfully, there is one issue I am facing.

I am not able to see the product icon in startup menu for 64-bit product but am able to see the product icon for 32-bit. On comparing the installshield files for both 32-bit and 64-bit files, I see no difference as far as icon is concerned.

What could be the possible cause for this. Attaching the buggy and expected behavior screenshots.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @cprabhak,

What version of installshiled are you using? IS2020 Premier or professional or express.

If you are using express version, could you please share the ise file and how to change from 32 bit to 64 bit (Please provide the steps you followed to change from 32bit to 64bit)

Are  you able to see the same behavior in all machines

Could you please provide a sample test project with ism and disk1 in a zipped folder to reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos
cprabhak
Level 4

I have attached the image of the installshield version used. The same installshield is used to build both 32-bit and 64-bit product.

Steps followed to change from 32bit to 64bit:

1. Changed the templated summary values.

2. Changed the location of build folders pointing to x64bit counterparts.

I am not sure if I can share the .ism file.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on every machine. 

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @cprabhak ,

You can also share a test project ism file with test file as well to reproduce the issue.

Since the issue is not happening in all machines, could you please let try in a different machine with same OS configurations.

Could you please confirm what is the machine OS you are facing this issue.

0 Kudos
cprabhak
Level 4

hi @varul,

Apologies for late reply. I can not share the .ism file. However I can share the installation logs for 32-bit and 64-bit application.

Can you have a look and let me know if you find anything specific.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
cprabhak
Level 4

Also adding screenshot for icon table from ism file

0 Kudos
cprabhak
Level 4

@varul 

Can you please help me on this.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

@cprabhak ,

Could please provide a sample project(ism, disk1 and files added in the ism and disk1) in a zipped format to replicate the issue.?

0 Kudos

Can u please help me how to create this sample project

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @cprabhak,

To investigate this issue, you need a project because the issue is not reproducible locally.

You can create a test project that reproduces the issue, You need to check your original project and create a sample. 

It will be difficult to explain here (for EX, you can create a test project set template summary to x64 and add a component and a file and create a shortcut and build install the setup.exe and check the issue reproducible or not), without understanding on how your original ism is configured.

0 Kudos

okay...i will try to do it.

Did u find anything specific in logs.

0 Kudos