cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy_Patterson
Level 2

Problems with UAC

Hello,
Just purchased IS2008 Express and my current project is fairly simple. Building an install on a per-user basis and with no admin privileges. I have set;

ALLUSER -> ALLSERS="" (per user installation)
Require Administrative Privileges = No
Required Execution Level = Invoker

When I run the install on a test machine in a non-admin account I get the following error;

Error 1925: You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all user of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation.

Here is what looks like the relevant portion of the log file;

MSI (c) (8C:88) [12:23:51:034]: MSI_LUA: Setting AdminUser property to 1 because this is the client or the user has already permitted elevation
MSI (c) (8C:88) [12:23:51:034]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AdminUser property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (c) (8C:88) [12:23:51:034]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding Privileged property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (c) (8C:88) [12:23:51:034]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MS Setup (ACME)\User Info 3: 2
MSI (c) (8C:88) [12:23:51:034]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding USERNAME property. Its value is 'admin'.

I can't figure out why it refuses to install into the user account and only wants to use the admin account. is there another option that I am overlooking?
Thanks in advance! Randy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
wollka
Level 4

I have the same issue. (IS Express 2008 Project, Windows XP non-admin account): the same error message. When installing I choose for example user's Desktop as a destimation folder... I do not want to force everyone using Admin account for my software
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Please post your log file in its entirety and someone can probably help.

Also, please clarify that you selected the ALLUSERS value in the General Information view.
0 Kudos
wollka
Level 4

My mistake. sorry. works for me under Win XP limited account with INSTALLDIR - desktop and:
ALLUSERS=2 (Per-user or per-machine installation)—

thanks,
0 Kudos
dinesh_sharma
Level 2

Privileged property is supposed not to get set but its being set when logged in with guest account on windows server 2008 sp2 (Windows installer 4.5 installed on machine). I have used Privileged property in lauhchconditions but its not working because Privileged property is being set to 1.
I'm getting following lines in the log file.
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:633]: MSI_LUA: Setting AdminUser property to 1 because this is the client or the user has already permitted elevation
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:633]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AdminUser property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:634]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding Privileged property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:634]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MS Setup (ACME)\User Info 3: 2
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:634]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding USERNAME property. Its value is 'Windows User'.
MSI (c) (F4:7C) [22:12:17:634]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MS Setup (ACME)\User Info 3: 2
None of the following registry keys are present on my machine.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Can somone please let me know how I can prevent non admin installation?
0 Kudos