cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelmalak
Level 3

Prevent ProgramData files from being virtualized

I originally posted on InstallShield 2008 forum, but I've since downloaded the InstallShield 2012 trial and found I still have the issue there.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=200612

I can't seem to get anything to install into C:\ProgramData (CommonAppDataFolder) without Windows 7 virtualizing it to C:\Users\All Users. I'm pretty sure it has to do with file permissions. I've tried having InstallShield give "Full Control" to the group "Users" to the directories C:\ProgramData\ and C:\ProgramData\\ but it's not granting those permissions. Permissions settings work for individual files in that directory but not for those two directories.

Anyway, my real problem is I can't get anything to install into C:\ProgramData (CommonAppDataFolder) without Windows 7 virtualizing it to C:\Users\All Users.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
IlkkaV
Level 7

Have you checked whether the virtualization occurs right after installation or only after the program is launched? For after all, if your application doesn't have a proper application manifest it can trigger virtualization also for support files.
0 Kudos
michaelmalak
Level 3

The ProgramData virtualization happens before I launch my program for the first time.
0 Kudos