cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronTan
Level 3

Preserving unused tables on compile

Is there any way to prevent unused tables from being deleted in a MSI, when you compile from an ISM project?

For example, the AppSearch, Signature, Reglocator tables are always removed from the MSI if they're blank in the ISM.

I have my reasons for keeping those tables in the MSI, as we have automated scripts which populate entries in those tables.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

In the Releases view, select the release that you are building. Its settings are displayed on various tabs in the right pane. On the Build tab, in the Keep Unused Directories setting, select Yes. (The default value is No.)
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

For a fine-grained tweak to which tables are kept or dropped, you can edit \Support\0409\Settings.xml. Keep a backup, and look for EmptyTableDisposition. You can override the behavior for each table as you see fit; this will apply to all of your projects built on the machine with the edited Settings.xml file.
0 Kudos
AaronTan
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
For a fine-grained tweak to which tables are kept or dropped, you can edit \Support\0409\Settings.xml. Keep a backup, and look for EmptyTableDisposition. You can override the behavior for each table as you see fit; this will apply to all of your projects built on the machine with the edited Settings.xml file.

MichaelU. Thanks a lot! That was exactly what I was after.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
jonathanqis
Level 6

I have to say, a switch all about directories is not the first place I'd go looking for how to affect the installs treatment of tables !
0 Kudos
Matthias1967
Level 5

@Debbie: The original question was about tables, not directories. Thank you Michael for pointing out.
0 Kudos