cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordmaxx
Level 6

Prerequisites not being fully installed?

I have a basic MSI package that doesnt have any feature selecting its just delivering all the files for the program. I have several preReqs (All of the Visual C++ 8.0 redistributables)

Our product is a plugin for another larger program. So on a clean Vista system (this problem is vista only) UAC enabled. I install the program we are a plugin to. An earlier version of our product that I dont think has as many redistributables. Then I install our product which performs a major upgrade.

I try to run our activation program for our product and the program complains that there is a Sidebyside installation issue.

So I run the program that we are a plugin to and during the initialization (where our DLLs would be loaded) the windows installer pops up and runs like it is running a repair on my installation (we do cache the installation)

and after that I can run the activation just fine, no more side by side issues.

can anyone explain what might be happening here?

This problem only happens on Upgrade of the old product and only on Vista. Any clue?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Maxx2029
Level 2

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

I'm having the exact same problem, when doing a major upgrade there is a sidebyside error as I try to launch the installed program.

Doing a repair installation fixes the situation, but it is bit too much to ask that all of our Vista users install the product twice.
0 Kudos