cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_Schaeffer
Level 6

Prerequisite for SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client?

I already have the prerequisite for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client 10.00.2531, which delivers sqlncli10.dll file version 2007.100.2531.0 (product version 10.0.2531.0).

However, now that SQL Server 2008 R2 is out, my development is requiring SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client file version 2009.100.1600.1 (product version 10.50.1600.1). Is there a new prerequisite, with a new download site location, for this Native Client?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I filed the work order #IOA-000058423 to track your request. For now, you can create your own prerequisite that will install the SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client using the Prerequisite Editor.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Ron_Schaeffer
Level 6

Okay, I can create a new prq file; but does Microsoft have a new download for the R2 Native Client, and what are its details?

For example, from the current 2008 Native Client prq:

For me to trick up a downloading prq for the 2008 R2 Native Client, I need those details.

Otherwise, first I will have to down load the redistributable from Microsoft, and then use it to create a prq file for which we embed the redistributable in our installer. Of course I'd rather go the downloadable prq route if possible 🙂 .

Thanks
0 Kudos
Ron_Schaeffer
Level 6

I've determined an appropriate Microsoft location a download of the SQL R2 Native Client redistributables (x86 and x64), and constructed my own prerequisite files.

I've attached a zip file containing both PRQ files, for anyone who has the same need I did.
0 Kudos
Stephen_Wileman
Level 2

Thank you for posting the PRQ for the SQL 2008 R2 Native Client. Please can you let me know if you have done the same for Shared Management Objects and System CLR Types?

I am new to Install Shield and to be honest am a bit lost in creating my own Prerequisites. I was hoping to tick a box and be done. 🙂
0 Kudos
Ron_Schaeffer
Level 6

Sorry, no, not had anything to do with prerequisites for those.
0 Kudos