cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Prequisite Install Window empty

I have an InstallScript MSI project. I have several prequisites, one of which is .NETFramework 2.0 SP1. Whenever I run the installation (even if it's already been installed) the dialog asking the user to click Install to begin installing the requirements is displayed but there is nothing in the window indicating what requirements will be installed. I click install and it indicates above the status line that it is "installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1". This will come up even when product is already installed. After clicking install the dialog asking to Modify Remove or Repair is THEN displayed.

I have attached screen shots of the dialog I am referrring to.

Why does this come up every time and especially when the product is already installed?

My machine has .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on it. Does this have anything to do with why it might want to keep installing SP1?

Thank you,
Sel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The empty prerequisite window probably is related to including both hidden and non-hidden prerequisites. The .NET Framework issue sounds related to a prerequisite bug discussed on other threads, such as: this thread.
0 Kudos