cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lam1278
Level 6

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.prq

My QA department just found the following bug when attempting to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 prerequisite that was included with InstallShield 2009 Service Pack 2.

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 installation WILL FAIL if the user has the "Microsoft .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1" installed on their machine.

This is because the condition says to install .NET 2.0 SP1 if the value of the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727\[SP] is not equal to "1", however, the value is "2" when .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 is installed.

Is it as simple as me adding another condition to this prerequisite to say HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727[SP] is not equal to "2" and the prerequisite checker will OR these two conditions???

Otherwise, I suppose I could just include the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 installation.

Thanks,
Lynn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
james_w
Level 3

Hi Lynn,

I think we are experiencing the same issue too. From a seperate newgroup i think i read you can set the default condition for the prq to "is greater than". Can someone else confirm this is correct?

In addition to this, could someone also please confirm that if there is no version of .net 2 installed at all, that the above setting in the prq will still evaluate to true and bring the system up to 2.0 sp1, or would you need to run 2.0 install, and then the 2.0 sp1 prq afterwards?

Thanks
James
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

This was confirmed as a bug in the prerequisite and issue #IOC-000074405 was filed against it and fixed for a future release. To fix this in your current install, you need to update the comparison to be "is less than" to get this to work properly. If you update the condition as such, the prerequisite will install 2.0 SP1 on a machine that has either no version installed or 2.0 RTM version installed.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
james_w
Level 3

This response solved it for me. Thanks for the feedback!
James
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You can find the fixed .prq file attached to this thread:

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=182956
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
lam1278
Level 6

SherylSikora wrote:
You can find the fixed .prq file attached to this thread:

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=182956

Thank you very much for this... I was always a bit confused by OR'ing the conditions.
0 Kudos