cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidtaylor
Level 2

Office 2010 requirement failure - LE + VS2012 + Win 8

Trying to build an installer package that requires Office 2010 to be pre-installed. I checked the Office 2010 requirements on the requirements page and built the package successfully. Problem is when I run the installer it complains that Office 2010 isn't installed and bails on the installation. I'm running the setup.exe on a Win8 x64 machine with Office 2010 (32 bit). Any idea why the installer is unable to determine that Office 2010 is installed?
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

I believe this is an issue with ISLE where it fails to detect condition for 64 bit machines. I saw this in win 7 64 bit as well. I am expecting a response from engineering team.
0 Kudos
francois_lepina
Level 2

Hi, did you get any news from the engineering team on this issue?
0 Kudos
Shekar
Level 7

They are still working on this issue and it might take some time to get this resolved. You can make a note of issue number IOA-000074559 and refer this for future reference.
0 Kudos
dirk_bester
Level 2

Shekar wrote:
... issue number IOA-000074559 ...

How does one look up this issue using this number?
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Engineering is reviewing the issue and will take actions when appropriate.

We are trying our best to help and can get you timely updates on the WOs.

Regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
wilsonchan18
Level 3

SwethaRao wrote:
Hello,

Engineering is reviewing the issue and will take actions when appropriate.

We are trying our best to help and can get you timely updates on the WOs.

Regards,
Swetha

Hi,

I am having the same problem, could I know the progress of the engineering team, since the project is quite urgent.
Thank you so much!

Regards,
Wilson
0 Kudos
wilsonchan18
Level 3

Hi, did you get any news from the engineering team on this issue?
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Engineering is reviewing the issue and unfortunately we do not have much update on the workorder.

However, can you try the below workaround:-

Identify the registry entry that exists on the machine that determines the version of the office you need to detect, edit the MSI using Orca and change the RegLocator table entry in the MSI to match the GUID in the registry location.

Below are some help articles to identify the office version in the registry:-

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/efe946bd-25d0-4a30-9f8d-04ef2624d040

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3266675/how-to-detect-installed-version-of-ms-office

Let us know if that helps.

Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos