cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaikh_mshariq
Level 2

Not Able to create release exe using isbuild.exe from command prompt

Hi All,

I have one script to generate exe using isbuild.exe on installshield 11. It was working fine there. But my system got crashed and I doesnt have any configuration details about my previous installshield machine . However I have now install Installshield 2010 and managed to compile the script from command prompt but at the time of build it give me error like this below.

I doesnt have any idea about it why it is occuring :(.

Please help me I am stuck here .

Copying uncompressed setup files...
ISDEV : error 136: Could not copy file 'C:\dev\src\client\MyApp\installation\Script Files\setup.inx' to

'C:\dev\src\client\MyApp\installation\Media\Default\Disk Images\Disk1\setup.inx' "The system cannot find the
file specified."
Default - 1 error(s), 6 warning(s)
Log file has been created:

I am also trying to debug using old installshield 11 on other machine but it has some other errors. You can also find the thread about it from :

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=191036

I need to create release from any one of the installshield

Detailed Error Log is attached for more exposure 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Maybe the compiled .inx file is in a different location? ISBuild.exe has been superseded by IsCmdBld.exe; perhaps try the compile and build using that?
0 Kudos
shaikh_mshariq
Level 2

On installshield 11 i have seen that it(Isbuild.exe) internally uses isCmdBld.exe to compile the file.

At the time of compilation it generates the .inx file but when the project upgrading portion starts the file got deleted and than it is not found.

I want to fix this problem either in installshield 11 or 2010. (Pls. also see the other thread for installshield 11 link is in the first post)

We just have .rul and .ipr files and some other folders, I want to know how from this files actual setup is created.
If I want to upgrade my project what should I have to do ?
In installshield 11 it just compiles fine but gives error at the time of build.
After the failed build when we open the .ism file in IDE and build the project it creates the setup but the location of the setup is in package folder.

One more thing using Installshield 11 or 2010 how can i generate batch file to compile and generate setup ?

I am very new to installscript project and doesnt have any idea how it can be fixed 🙂

Thankx again for your reply

RobertDickau wrote:
Maybe the compiled .inx file is in a different location? ISBuild.exe has been superseded by IsCmdBld.exe; perhaps try the compile and build using that?
0 Kudos