cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calebc01
Level 2

No support for VS2015 Community Edition?

Installshield has been my installer of choice, but apparently there is now no support for Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. I'll likely be moving away from Community Edition anyway, but in the meantime, this gives me plenty of motivation to find another installation option that doesn't involve Flexera.

Is lack of Community Edition support a permanent policy, or a temporary oversight?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I'm not sure what you mean. The product comparison chart shows all versions of IS has VS 2015 support.

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/producer/products/software-installation/installshield-software-installer/tab/editions

VS 2015 CE has addin support and I've used IS 2015 LE with VS 2015 CE so I can't imagine why Express wouldn't work also.

0 Kudos
hamidgorji
Level 2

calebc01 wrote:
Installshield has been my installer of choice, but apparently there is now no support for Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. I'll likely be moving away from Community Edition anyway, but in the meantime, this gives me plenty of motivation to find another installation option that doesn't involve Flexera.

Is lack of Community Edition support a permanent policy, or a temporary oversight?

I have the same problem. It doesn't install on VS 2015 Community and give an error about VS Edition. (Only will be installed on Professional Edition )

What about students ? Have you ever thought about them ?

😞
0 Kudos