Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nocilis
Level 2

Newbee with Setup.exe issue

Hi All,

Nice forum. :cool:

I've been using InstallShield 2008 (on Vista) to build Setup.exe's for a few C# projects. Everything was working fine, and subsequent to a build, clicking on Setup.exe would install my app just fine. Today is a different story. 😞

Now, following a successul build and the generation of Setup.exe, clicking on Setup.exe produces an hour glass for 2 seconds -- and that's all. The EXE is the same size as before. I've tried rebuilding older projects that worked fine, and although Setup.exe is created for those, I get the same non-response. Limbo.

I've uninstalled InstallShield and reinstalled, but that has not fixed this problem. The only thing I've installed on the PC -- between now and the time when everything worked properly -- is OpenOffice. Also in that timeframe I unstalled MSOFFICE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers 🙂
Nocilis ...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
nocilis
Level 2

What I found was that my C# project builds correctly using the Visual Studio installer, and as well the Setup.exe runs and installs my app.

I also found that I can use the Basic MSI InstallShield project to build a simple installer for the C# project, and that works as well. The Setup.exe launches fine.

The problem still exists, however, when I build the installer using a script: the build is "successful" (as indicated by log and size of exe) but clicking on Setup.exe does nothing -- just an hour glass.

I guess I'm closing to understanding that I have an issue with the script, but why the heck do I get a successful build of Setup.exe -- only to discover that Setup.exe does nothing. :confused:

Cheers 🙂
Nocilis
0 Kudos