- Revenera Community
- InstallShield Forum
- Re: Need more details on how to use docker for install shield
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Need more details on how to use docker for install shield
I have pulled image from docker flexerasoftware/installshield:sab2021r2.
please help me with how to run the docker image.
please add complete example for below command
docker run -it --mac-address <MAC-ADDRESS> -v "<HOST-DIR>:<CONTAINER-DIR>" <IMAGE> <CMD>
what should be the CMD ?
You need to create a folder in your machine C:\Data and copy files in to it and the same will be copied to C:\Test folder in your docker image.
docker run -it -v "C:\Data:C:\Test" flexerasoftware/installshield:sab2021r2 cmd
Which files I need to copy into C:\Data folder ?
The files need to build the project ism and the files added in project file(ism)
Could you please share the documents which explains the step by step procedure how to use docker image after docker pull image?
In KB article below last steps is mentioned how to use the iscmdbld.exe to build project in docker
Under Build project Via docker section
similar steps you need to do, once you pulled the image,
- Run the following command to create a container and mount directory in an interactive process (which is nothing but C:\Data and C:\Test in above shared example)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2019 SAB\System
- Run the following command to build your project:
IsCmdBld.exe -p "C:\InstallShield Projects\MyAppProject.ism"
This folder need to create manually ? how the ism file is created ?
docker run -it -v "C:\Data:C:\Test" flexerasoftware/installshield:sab2022r1 cmd
After running the above command C:\Test folder not created.
I need to pass "cmd" itself? or it has any meaning?