cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcoulson
Level 3

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5446 - Fatal Execution Engine Error

Ok.... I am kinda new to Visual Studio and your product "InstallShield 2011 limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010." I am getting the following error: " Microsoft Visual Studio has encountered and error and needs to close." When I go to the Windows event viewer i find the following error:
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5446 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (5F47AECA) (0)

Here are the steps that I am taking to get there.
1. Create a simple Windows Forms application and save (.NET Framework 3.5). Don't have to add anything to the form.
2. File / Add / New project
Other Project types / Setup and Deployment / InstallShield LE
3. Follow the Project Assistant through the steps.
4. Build / Build Solution
5. Close and reload / select Form1.vb [Design] tab / Double-click on form
6. Crash.
7. Re-open project / Right-click on "Setup1" in Solution Explorer window and select remove.
8 now I can open form and view VB code.

I am expecting to be able to access and edit the code with the Installshield part of the project remains installed. Do I have to remove this everytime in roder to continue editing my application? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help and advice....
dc

UPDATE: I tried the HOTFIX listed in this forum, but still have the problem. Looks like many other people have this problem and have not found a solution.
dc
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello DCoulson,

I tried replicating the issue in-house but was unsuccessful.

Could you kindly let me know whether you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
dcoulson
Level 3

I don't think that the version that I have has SP1 installed.
dave
0 Kudos
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello Dave,

Could you kindly install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and check if the behavior persists?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
dcoulson
Level 3

Thank you for the note to install sp1. That seem to have fixed the problem.
Dave
0 Kudos