cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_rieck
Level 3

.NET 4.0 assemblies included?

My application is targeting .NET 4.0 Full and references the System.Numerics assembly.
When I install the app, the System.Numerics.dll is installed to the program directory. This should not be necessary, it's part of the Framework.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly provide us a brief description of the exact steps which you have performed.

Could you also provide us a sample project with all the contents found under the visual studio 2010\Projects folder.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
daniel_rieck
Level 3

Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new WinForms application, targeting .NET 4
- Add a reference to System.Numerics.dll, which includes the BigInteger type
- Create a new IS LE project
- Add the WinForms app's primary output to the setup
- Build and install

I've attached a sample solution. On my computer, it also installed the "Microsoft.CSharp.dll" and "System.Dynamic.dll".
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the sample project.

I am currently looking into your project and would get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
RebeccaB
Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

To resolve this problem, make the following configuration settings:

1) In the InstallShield "Project Assistant" - "Application Files" view, right click on the "Primary Output", select "Properties" from the drop down menu, select the "COM & .NET Settings" tab and set the .NET Properties "Scan at Build" field to "None" or "Properties Only"

2) In the Visual Studio Solution Explorer, expand the References, right click on the reference (i.e., "System.Numerics"), select "Properties" from the drop down menu. In the Reference Properties pane, set "Copy Local" to "False".

Making these changes avoid having dependent files automatically included in the Installation package.

If you need to install .NET Framework with the Installation Package, go to the InstallShield Redistributables view and add the .NET 4.0 Framework Prerequisite to the InstallShield project.
0 Kudos