cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravnstorm
Level 4

My system path variable was deleted. Can't test installers.

I can build installers, but I can no longer run and test them. I might have to re-install my operating system. Can anyone tell me what directories I might need to add back to my system path for Installshield? I'm assuming that the error is a result of the fact that my system path got wiped out by someone else's installer yesterday. I'm trying to rebuild my path, rather than reinstalling my operating system. Currently, I built an installer, but when I try to run it, I get an error that says I don't have access to the C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{GUID}\setup.exe.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ravnstorm
Level 4

I'm not sure it was the path. Something got hung, I think. I restarted my computer, and was able to run my installer after that.
0 Kudos
ravnstorm
Level 4

This problem is occurring again. This may still be related to a System Path issue, but I am not sure. I posted a new thread, "Access Denied when installing."

Although the problem might be corrected by restarting my computer, it will be unacceptable if users experience this problem. I need to figure out what is causing it.
0 Kudos
ravnstorm
Level 4

If you care to know, the thing that erased my system path was installing the NetCDF 4.4.1.1-C libraries from Unidata UCAR. If you select the option to add it to your path, it erases your whole path, leaving only the NetCDF tools in the path, at least on Windows 10.
0 Kudos