Multiple Nuget Packages being created.
I have install shield 2018 Pro version. We have a windows application that is being run in a CI/CD pipeline. Each time a new release is being made, a new nuget package is created for the release. We have our install shield script being part of the CI/CD pipeline and gets released ones the nuget packages are restored. But it has been seen that multiple nuget package is being created.
Thank you for your post.
How specifically are you building your NuGet packages? Via Visual Studio when you build your project? Could you please clarify?
Are you able to reproduce this issue only using InstallShield, outside of your CI/CD pipeline? We need to try to simplify the test case.
Could you please open a support ticket (case) to track this same issue? This will allow us to best track this issue so that we can best assist you.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
The current scenario is as below :-
1. We have a .Net application(backend), an angular application(Front end), and a multiple supporting WPF applications. Each of these applications have their own GIT reop in Azure Devops.
2. We have a CI pipeline built which takes the latest release once the check in has been made.
3. The developer changes a .nuspec file before every release, which will trigger a nuget restore task in our pipeline and a new nuget package for the application is created.
4. Then the package.json is updated to the latest GIT version to have versioning changes.
5. The installshield application fetches these artifacts from the corresponding GIT repositiory through the ISReleaseProperty directory editor dynamically.
6. Each time a nuget package gets created ,the nuget package file name(which has versions) gets incremented.
Currently we have a multiple pipeline with the same installshield code. But once the installshield release is run, only one Nuget Packages of each of the application is found in them. But the issue is in one particular branch where multiple Nuget Packages are getting created.
Could you please help us in resolving this issue.
Senior E.P.D Engineer,
ITPB Road, Whitefield Bangalore 560048 India
Tel : +91 9036928476
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message , or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors, omissions or contaminations in the contents of this message which might have occurred as a result of email transmission. If verification is required, please request for a hard-copy version.
Is that file ""Digital_DevPGC1_UAM_GIT-XXX" is added your ism file?
If Yes is it added from a dynamically linked folder?
If its coming from dynamically linked folder then its expected it will added all the files from that folder, You can avoid it by always keeping one file in that folder and move the older files to different folder, so that it will always build with latest files
Hope it helps