cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deveshkasat
Level 3

Moving Install shield license server from local infrastructure to cloud infrastructure

We are planning to move our install shield license server from local infrastructure to cloud infrastructure, what are the steps we need to take to make sure we do not run into any issues. 

Do we need to contact support if yes what is email id for flexera support for install shield? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @deveshkasat ,

What cloud type infrastructure you prefer with?

If it is Amazon EC2/Azure instances i would suggest you to go for concurrent licensing model where you can setup license server on cloud(FlexNet License server setup you might be given if you had entitled for concurrent licensing model).

So that other machines(Here VM machines) can try to connect with license server using IP-Address & port

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply , we already have concurrent license on on of our on prem VM and now we want to move that to AWS instance.
0 Kudos

Hi @deveshkasat ,

If you are in plan to move current concurrent licensing from current VM to cloud:

• Do return the licence where it is currently been used using
    FlexNet return wizard
  • Try to activate same on cloud instance 

It should work

0 Kudos

Thanks all! I will try to follow steps today , but if something goes wrong what is support contact for installsheild as i am working against critical project for which we need to create installer
0 Kudos

Hi @deveshkasat ,

You can contact support at "support@flexerasoftware.com".
Or you can contact us over call depending on you region: https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi @deveshkasat,

I dont have the exact steps but what I can tell you that installing of the license sever will remain same. You do have to do few setting in cloud account during creating the instance. You have to create a Static IP so that the IP does not change each time you restart the instance. And you have to create a VPN networks (Note that it would not be wise to use the public IP for security reasons 🙂 ). You also have to open the PORT in your cloud instance the one which is used by the license server.

Thanks

0 Kudos