cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfishman
Level 3

Microsoft Office 2010 PIA.prq problem

I have an InstallScript MSI project on IS 2012 Pro SP1 with the version 2012 .NET prerequisite download. I have been asked to include the Microsoft Office PIA prerequisite. I have read the documention and thought I implemented it correctly, but I guess not. I continue to get the following error: You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2010 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information.

Here is how I implemented this.
I downloaded and executed the PIARedist.exe file to gain access to the o2010pia.msi file. I copied the o2120pia.msi file to D:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft Ofiice 2010 PIA. In the Redistributables area, checked the entry for Microsoft Office 2010 PIA which showed that it was installed locally. I saved the project and built.

What step(s) have I missed that I am getting the build error above?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I believe you are seeing this error because you chose the Download From The Web option in the Releases view for the prerequisites. But you probably do not have a URL in the prerequisite in the "URL to File" setting. You will need to set up a URL for the .msi file from which it can be downloaded. If you don't want to do this, you can always set the prereqs to Copy From Source Media or Extract From Setup.exe in the Releases view. The URL setting shouldn't matter in those cases.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Richard_Winks
Level 6

In my case (IS2012 Spring SP1), the problem turned out to be that the prerequisite conditions were wrong.

Here is how I corrected this:
1. Removed the test for HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\Primary Interop Assemblies key DOES NOT EXIST. This failed when it did exist and so the product was not installed. This condition is not required as preexisting condition. o2010pia.msi will create it.

2. Changed the condition detecting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-1105-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90140000-1146-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}. The Product GUID for the version of o2010pia.msi downloaded from http://download.microsoft.com apparently had changed from the version initially used by the prerequisite.

Prerequisite conditions seem to work like this, if any of the Operating System Conditions are met and all of the other conditions are met then install the prerequisite.

These conditions are also used to test the success of the prerequisite installation. In fact it was the test for the uninstall key that was causing the install to fail. The Product GUID for the version of the o2010pia.msi that I installed was not detected after executing. This caused the prerequisite engine to report a failure.

I just checked again. The prq file downloaded from http://saturn.installshield.com/is/prerequisites/microsoft%20office%202010%20pia.prq is not correct.

Hope this info helps.

Richard
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Richard, thank you for reporting this issue. I have created issue# IOA-000074603 for tracking purposes.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos