cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proactis
Level 4

Merge Module / Redistributable

I have a create a very simple installshield that to update our ever changing program files from our developers.

I created the merge module and placed it in the redistributables without an issue, when I include this within the regular ism file and run the install.

It doesn't seem to work correctly, the files that are in the redistributable are placed on the root of c: and the files within the MSI are placed in the correct location i.e. c:\program files\abc ltd\programs

I have checked the merge module and it seems fine, what am I missing if anything?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

After adding the merge module into ism file, edit and check the destination path.
Create a test project and add just the merge module. Build the proejct and check if the file are installing to the correct location.
0 Kudos
proactis
Level 4

The destination path is set to [INSTALLDIR] althought the one in the merge module is set to [TARGETDIR]

It is still dumping them on the root of c:
0 Kudos
proactis
Level 4

I now have the merge module putting the files in the correct place.

But when I upgrade the files in the merge module and compile, that seems to work fine. But when include this in the ism file and do a build to using the latest merge module it doesn't install the updated files?

Any reason why not?
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

For most merge modules this problem can be avoided if you check the "cache MSI package locally" box in the Merge Module Holder Object's options. This will allow us to relaunch the MSI package. As I said this works for most merge modules... There are a few that still give us fits but this should solve it for most.
0 Kudos