cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanatos83
Level 5

How to build a MSI project...

Hi all!

I attached the image to see the example, i need build a "Basic MSI project" but with option to compress all files in cabs.

So then I want to see all files in one cab but the same method as the image, this method is referenced with MSI Hash Files, really?

Thanks 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

goto release wizard.
In Build see for Compression and set to Compressed to include all file in a cab file.
Also have an option to Generate Msi File Hash in Build tab.
Hope this might help.
0 Kudos
thanatos83
Level 5

ok thanks but i forget mention this:

I attached a new image (this is an example MSI but this is not mine), I look In the design view a component with a GUID generated that are asociated with an identifier or code.

How can i put the name of the component with a component code automatically ???.

I see the name of the component, not the same as the component code, really?

thanks.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

I am not sure if we can create component automatically with GUID.
Let me know if you could get some thing.
0 Kudos
thanatos83
Level 5

Hi girishkatti123!

I found the solution, i try to invetigate for myself and finally know that method.

So this is when you make any component in Setup Design, then add files of folders with the option "Dynamic File Linking" but i disabled "Best Practice Components" for my like.

When you done, then i see a string in all files named "generated by build" so when i build my project i see the same structure of files as the image.

🙂
0 Kudos