cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arne_brys
Level 2

Major upgrade : -> files not deleted

Hello,

I'm having problems with major upgrades not deleting files.
If I remove files from a component (for example some image files) the files are not deleted when doing an upgrade.
As i use "install setup then remove unneeded files" the new files are installed but as the component remains installed the files that have been removed from the component are not removed.
I know that changing to "first uninstall and then install" would solve the problem but that is not an option for us.
Is this normal behaviour as I would expect the files to be removed?
I can however remove the files by adding them to the removefiles table but in my opinion this should not be necesary.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MattQVI
Level 8

I see that you are able to get this to work. I have 2 components that do not exist in my latest release and want to delete them when I upgrade (run the latest install). I added the files and directories to the RemoveFiles table but keep getting an error when I build: "The file 'footer.txt' with a target of '[programfilesfolder]\qvi\qvm3\systemdata\headfoot\txt\footer.txt' appears to have been removed from the setup, but does not appear in the RemoveFiles table."

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Matt
0 Kudos
reachyouvenkat7
Level 4

Hi,

For MattQVI
===========
With the error which you specified like "The file 'footer.txt' with a target of '[programfilesfolder]\qvi\qvm3\systemdata\headfoot\txt\footer.txt",this erorr tell that components got deleted in the current setup.The components which you are going to delete via upgradation should be there in ur latest setup and RemoveFile table should be updated with the proper details that which components are going to be deleted.

For arne.brys
==============
Please use RemoveFile table and updated the entries with the components which needs to be deleted via upgradation.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

The file in question is in the RemoveFile table but IS still throws the error. I have experienced this type of problem whenever a file is removed from my install and it also removed the component (because it would then be empty).

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

I have 4 files that need to be removed from the next version of my install. They appear in the RemoveFile table but can no longer appear in the list of files because they are no longer distributed to me (meaning they would be 0 bytes and IS would complain about that well before validating the RemoveFile table). Is they only way to get around this to make it a major upgrade? Just seems that if I remove the files from the component and also add them to the RemoveFile table that it SHOULD WORK PROPERLY!
0 Kudos