cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayGee
Level 2

Major Upgrade deletes upgraded files

Why is my Major Upgrade deleting several upgraded files prior to the completion of the install? Is it attempting to 'rollback' without reporting such? InstallShield reports a successful install.

I have a version 3.5 meant to replace 3.x; the product code has been changed, the upgrade codes are the same; I watch the install directory as the install progresses... the old files are properly removed, the new ones are properly installed, then suddenly several (but not all) of the newly installed files are deleted!

If I then 'Repair' the installation within add/remove programs, those deleted files finally install and stay put!

Who has an explanation for me? Let me know if you desire more detail. Thank you in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

You may want to perform major upgrade with verbose installation log enabled for more info.
0 Kudos
JayGee
Level 2

Verbose did not help me determine the cause of my problem, but filing an Acresso Incident Report did- unknowingly, 'ReSequence RemoveExistingProducts After InstallFinalize' in Upgrade Paths had been activated. I do not remember altering this, and the main reason I was unable to detect this as the problem is that the interface does not indicate the current state of this selection (which I find to be very user unfriendly).
0 Kudos