cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reniery
Level 2

Error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging module [MODULENAME] for featur

Hello all

So this is my first time working with InstallShield, I was playing around with it but I still haven´t manage to create my first installer... I´m using the VB6 Wizard but I´m getting two errors when I try to build the installation...

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'DAO360.5B60FF9E_851D_11D4_A752_00B0D0428C0C:0' for Feature 'ScannedProject1'.

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'MDAC27ENU.C9C35FC7_5AEE_4C1E_8BD2_80ED9FA87FFF:1033' for Feature 'ScannedProject1'.

I read that IS can´t find these two files, so i´m pretty clueless on what to do next.

What can I do to solve this problem
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You will need to download these redistributables onto your machine. You can do this by going to the Redistributables view in the InstallShield IDE. You will see an entry for DAO 3.60 that probably shows its location as "Needs to be downloaded". You can select it and then right-click on this entry and choose the "Download Selected Item..." menu item. This will place the file on your system for your build to pick up. Then you can do the same for the MDAC 2.7 redistributable. It is named "Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 (English)".
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I'd be very caution when including those now ancient merge modules. The MDAC merge module actually inserts an EXE custom action ( fake MSI ) into your package that adds some first reboot dependencies. Wouldn't doubt it if the DAO msm sucks also.

I'd look at your target platforms and ask yourself if you really need those dependencies or will you run just fine without them.
0 Kudos