cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshinde
Level 3

Major Upgrade and un-installation of previous version issue

Hi All,

I am creating major upgrade setup project using Installscript MSI to upgrade 1.0 users of the software to 2.0.

All the files gets updated successfully and relative SQL scripts also gets executed successfully. The issue that I am facing is in version 1.0 installation one SQL script was marked to execute at the time of uninstall which will drop the databases. Now because of that after all files have been replaced and update scripts executed , at the end my database is getting droped. I guess this is because of the previous version getting uninstalled.

Is there any way I can restrict this script from executing when major upgrade is done?

Thanks,
Chand
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cshinde
Level 3

In other words, Is there any option where we can disable components from previous version of setup from this upgrade project?
0 Kudos
deecole
Level 4

It's a little messy, but you can modify the cached MSI of your version 1.0 to change the conditions so that actions do or do not run as you desire.

I recollect that Robert Dickau demonstrated such code in the MSI classes he taught. Perhaps he could point you to that.

David Cole
0 Kudos