cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drostowsky
Level 5

Mac OS X App Bundle + Additional Resources Bundle + Languages

For some reason, the Mac OSX App Bundle distribution is not picking up my Additional Resources Bundle that has my string tables in it. For Windows Launcher distribution, it works fine if I have my java code (that implements java.util.ListResourceBundle) .class file in ISMP_HOME/classes. However, on the Mac App Bundle distribution, all my localized strings are empty! I experimented a bit and found that if I put the strings in the String Table in the tool, that it finds the strings. Of course, in my situation, Im deploying Japanese language, and I still cant get the String Table to create an installer for Japanese that doesnt display ?????? for every string (that applies to the Windows Launcher as well). So, using the java code worked out well for Windows, but on Mac its not there.

Help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
drostowsky
Level 5

OK, I FINALLY figured out the magic. This seems to work for Windows Launcher & Mac OSX.

In the tool, dont use string tables if youve got Japanese. It seemingly only leads to pain and gray hair.

1) Make a MyStrings.properties, MyStrings_en.properties, and a MyStrings_ja.properties file.

2) Copy them to ISMP_HOME\i18n

3) In my _ja.properties file, I took the translations that were given to me and chugged them through native2ascii (utf8 being the key here):

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\native2ascii" -encoding utf8 raw_japanese.properties

4) Copy and paste that output into your MyStrings_ja.properties file.

Still couldnt get the Mac OSX to use the .class files for resource bundles. Works on Windows Launchers but not Mac.

What a tool! :rolleyes:
0 Kudos
Jaguar12345
Level 3

Hi,

I saw one of your post on the community about the issue that you were facing while creating installer with multi language support (with Japanese)

Even i am running into a similar problem with ISMP11.5

I also need to create a installer with multi language installation support on multiple platforms including MAC OSX, Linux and windows :confused:

Earlier i was trying it with the String Table but on the installation screen (with Windows) all I could see was ?????

then i saw your post and scrapped the idea of using String Table, I have the translated properties file for my customized strings but somehow I am not getting it right, can you please help me? Please tell me what all I should be doing to make it work..

Thanks In Advance!!
0 Kudos