cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayus4
Level 3

To debug

I'm begining to design a new install with ISMP 11.5. I need program some event but I don't know how I can debug my code. 😞

Does somebody know?

In the HelpLibrary in the chapter "Testing and Debugging a Project" it indicates the parameter -Dis.debug=1 in Option/Run properties. I did configure it but the result when I run the project is the same.
How can I set up a breakpoint?

I need your help!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
drostowsky
Level 5

Check out my blog. I set up Eclipse to debug 11.5 MP scripts.

http://drostowsky.blogspot.com/2006/03/setting-up-eclipse-for-debugging.html

Hope it helps
0 Kudos
Mayus4
Level 3

Thanks!!

It's very well explain it in your blog, but I don't understand why it's necessary to free the port 2504.

The argument of java.exe are:

-Xdebug -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=2504 -jar setup.jar

bye!
0 Kudos
Mayus4
Level 3

Other thing.....

In the last step, in RUN / DEBUG / APPLY / DEBUG, a windows appears with the message:

Launching: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused. :confused:
0 Kudos
drostowsky
Level 5

Its not necessary to free the port. Rather, you need to find a free port so the debugger can connect up to the debug target. Its a socket connection that you are establishing between the IDE (i.e. Eclipse) and the debug target (i.e. your installshield script) when you go into debug mode. So, you need to find out if the port specified for the socket connection is free or not. I used 2504 just because I know on my system that port for localhost connections was free.

Did you see the message, "Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 2504" before you got "Launching: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused?" Just making sure you got the order of operations correct. You need to run the debug target first, and then connect up to it with Eclipse.

If you used port 2504, maybe its in use by your system, or theres some firewall or something blocking that port.

Hope that clarifies a bit.
0 Kudos
Mayus4
Level 3

Thanks!! Now I can debug. 🙂

Regards...
0 Kudos
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

Not sure how to do this, I tried different port #s(8000), but it errors out with a message:

Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.

When I run the setup.jar with port # 8000 I get the following message on Eclipse's console.

Listening to transport dt_socket at address : 8000.

I guess this means that port 8000 is open so I should be able to make the connection.

How can I fix this issue?.
0 Kudos