cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanrickman
Level 4

License corrupted & TSConfig.exe crashes

Hi all,

This morning when I loaded Installshield (2008) I encountered an error message that the license had been corrupted and it was necessary to repair the license. 😞 I attempted an online activation but this failed and so sent the license request file via e-mail and got the response back.

I went back to IS2008 to continue with offline activation, I loaded Installshield clicked Yes to Repair the licence then TSConfig.exe crashes and I am unable to progress any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you try...

tsconfig.exe /repair
0 Kudos
sanju101
Level 2

I am having the same issue as the other user, and the /repair action didn't work either. Same crashing behaviour.
0 Kudos
cfellas
Level 2

I have the exact same issues anyone find a solution?

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Our support people can walk you through getting this fixed. They have fixed it for a number of others.
0 Kudos
larrydalooza
Level 3

Please report back with the resolution... please.

Lar.
0 Kudos
zoulhom
Level 3

Is it exist an easy solution?
thanks
0 Kudos
tazzajb
Level 2

Mike Marino wrote:
Our support people can walk you through getting this fixed. They have fixed it for a number of others.

Sorry to bring this thread back to life but we have a need to use this version of IS2008 and it is doing exactly the same as this thread states.
We did move the license from an old PC to a new one after the old one failed us so we know the hardware is different. We reused the license code from the original PC after we went through and deactivated the license and removed the software from it. We came to run InstallShield after installing it onto the new PC and we get this corrupt license issue for obvious reasons. The Product ID does not match the new hardware. We followed the repair process as directed. At the end after all attempts at online repairs failed we saved the request code and emailed it. After continuing we click the button to run InstallShield again and nothing happens after TSConfig quits. We then manually run IS2008 after it told us it would request the response code the next time it ran and it now just crashes over and over.
Who do I need to speak to to fix this since you mention it can be fixed? Can you put them in touch with me here so others can see the resolution?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
wangyandong_don
Level 2

Visual Studio 2012 + Installshield 2012 Spring Limited Edition
When trying to repair the license either by clicking "Yes" or C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\System>TSConfig.exe /repair, Installshield Verification Wizard crashes. Can anybody help?

PS: the license is only used in one machine.

Fixed by offline activate
0 Kudos
Mark_Rowe
Level 2

Please POST if you know the issue and can post it. If you can walk someone through it. I guarantee the developers who use your product can follow instructions.
0 Kudos
Mark_Rowe
Level 2

The Tsconfig.exe /repair works, check your About -> Help. However it will continue to throw the C++ error if you try to connect through the installshield gui.

Just run the repair and then check. The error reoccurring made me think it didn't repair.
0 Kudos
junehoow
Level 2

i had found one solution.

1. go to registry edit
2. use the find function on the registry edit to find out all the Installshield folder and then delete them. (be careful when deleting the folder. i didn't delete the folder which is point to visual studio. )
3. Reinstall Installshield.
4. Restart your pc
5. Create new setup project using installshield.
6. A license corrupted message box will appear and then click on Yes button to repair the license.
7. A Repair License Form will appear and then click Repair button and wait for a while.

after repairing the license, visual studio should be able to create the setup project.
0 Kudos