cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelter
Level 10

IsDev Crash

In the middle of writing some IS code, i clicked the "help" menu item. This was all it took to make IsDev crash... Okay...sometimes IDEs crash. That's what the 'save' button is all about.

So I reopened the project, and continued working, but it crashed again. A third time, i resumed working (and saving very regularly) and upon clicking the "help" or "window" menu from the menu bar, IsDev crashed again! I've just reverted my project file to an older version, thinking that maybe the first crash caused IsDev to corrupt it's own .ism file, thus causing these memory violations. (it's conceivable that a malformed xml file or some un-caught exceptions resulting from a dangling reference in the xml db or some such borked code caused this.) So far, IsDev doesn't seem to be choking on the older version of the project, but i'll update if there's any change.

Is there some built-in tool that can check the database for consistency, and possibly fix said inconsistencies?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

So I reverted to an older version of the project, and this issue didn't happen for a while. I just clicked on "Help" again, and ISDev crashed. Isn't it a bit retarted that i have to make sure i click "save" every time i want to click "help"?

Repairing the installation of ISDev doesn't help either. Anybody else dealing with this BS?
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

I just thought i'd bother everybody one more time, since i still have this problem. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix for it? Am i really the only one having this problem? When it first started happening, i even reinstalled IS.

Also, the error reporting logic is broken, too. if i click "Report" it just hangs, and i have to kill the process with the task mangler. :mad:
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The issue that you describe reminds me a bit of the issues that were reported in this thread:
http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?p=385120

Does the suggestion in post #15 in that thread resolve the issue for you?
0 Kudos