cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altis10
Level 3

Is the ".rtf" the only format supported for License file?

HI all,
Recently I was required to change the EULA for some installers (basic MSI) and the new files I got are ".pdf" files.
So This is the question: is there any possibility to use a PDF file for License file?
Or the ".rtf" is the only supported format for license files?
Thank you for your help,
Tibi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Windows Installer's UI is rather limited, and only supports .rtf files (and fairly plain ones at that). In InstallShield 2012 and later we add support for a few other formats in our Suite and/or Advanced UI projects, but then it's no longer just a basic MSI. See http://blogs.flexerasoftware.com/installtalk/2011/11/special-uses-for-the-image-control-in-suite-installations.html for some more detail on one way to approach this in a Suite project.
0 Kudos
altis10
Level 3

Thank you for your help...
I solved the problem for now using .rtf files and I hope we will move soon to IS2012...:)
0 Kudos
KEiGHT
Level 6

Senor MichaelU I've asked all around of this forum and nobody answer to me at this simple question yet;

Why the progress bar doesn't have anymore percentage 15%... ???
is there a possibility to enable this in IS2010 ?

And why answers came here after years ? Why moderators not bring help to users as quick they post(minim one day let's say) ? It is so frustrated to get answer after months or years ! Don't you have active moderators in here or what is the problem with this forum? Excuse me for the inconvenience created.

Thank You!
0 Kudos