cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephan2
Level 2

Installshield: Switch off this recent-files-list

Dear Installshield-Experts,

we developed an application which shall be delivered as an installation package. For this we are using Installshield 2014.

Registering a file extension was no problem. Now these files have an icon and a double click on it works as well.

Beside this a list of recent files was created which does not make sense for my application. This list can be opened at Windows 7 by clicking on "Start" and then onto the arrow on the right of the program name. Within this list the last used files are shown.

Is there any way to switch off this recent-files-list in the Installshield installation?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Evan_Border
Level 8

Stephan2 wrote:
Dear Installshield-Experts,

we developed an application which shall be delivered as an installation package. For this we are using Installshield 2014.

Registering a file extension was no problem. Now these files have an icon and a double click on it works as well.

Beside this a list of recent files was created which does not make sense for my application. This list can be opened at Windows 7 by clicking on "Start" and then onto the arrow on the right of the program name. Within this list the last used files are shown.

Is there any way to switch off this recent-files-list in the Installshield installation?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

I know of no way to officially do this in Windows or in InstallShield. Unofficially, the information is stored in a file...so you may be able to create a custom action to figure out the file and then set permissions so that it can't be updated,
More information and a discussion of this topic can be found at:
h t t p : / / superuser.com/questions/51454/disable-recent-items-in-jump-lists-for-certain-programs
http://superuser.com/questions/51454/disable-recent-items-in-jump-lists-for-certain-programs
0 Kudos