cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoph
Level 8

Installshield 2015 and InstallShield 2008 on 1 system.

I'm currently developing with InstallShield 2008 Premier(rather old, I know) and we're thinking about taking the move to Installshield 2015 Premier.

I was wondering if:
a. I can run both Installshield versions next to each other on the same development system? Without having to fear that it overwrites some files in a system folder somewhere so that it breaks the working of the older Installshield? I maintain > 10 different installer projects and it would be nice that I can convert them step by step without the pressure to delay our release schedule.
b. I have currently a license for Installshield 2008. When I buy Installshield 2015, I get a license for Installshield 2015 and the one from IS2008 keeps active I suppose?
c. We have 3 or 4 build systems with an instance of the IS 2008 standalone builder running. The same question like point a: can I install the IS 2015 standalone builder next to the IS 2008 standalone builder without the fear that they break something from each other?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallShield supports side-by-side installations of its major versions, so that should be fine.

By contrast, service packs are in-place updates so you cannot have both RTM and SP1 of a single major release without using multiple machines (or VMs).
0 Kudos
phanik
Level 6

hi Michael,

currently we have IS2010 "command line build" installed on our packaging host, we are planning to install IS2015 command line build on same host , can I have both on same host?? can you please let me know.

regards
Phanik
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallShield 2010 and InstallShield 2015 are separate major versions, so yes. Both can be installed on the same machine.
0 Kudos